there are spectulations that some plants produce pollen with higher allergic potency when exposed to air pollution. This means that trees standing beside a busy street may produce more "dangerous" pollen than trees growing in the countryside. It is yet an unsolved question why this happens.
pollen allergens are biological molecules (proteins), which reveal certain "epitopes" - places which have a key function - on their surface. What they really are, who they are and why, is still an unsolved question. The biological sense of pollen allergens is in the sense of a business card to exchange information between male and female parts of the plant.
some pollen allergens (grass pollen allergens, ragweed, or birch allergens) are commonly recognised by the human immuno system, others are of minor interest for our immuno system (e.g. nettle pollen). The reason is unknown.
a malfunction of the immuno system, which leads to overproduction of antibodies.
Alternative methods for allergy treatment are generally not doing well. Homeopathic preparations mostly flop after short time, bio-resonance is too odd to be accepted by serious scientists, various infusions, oils, or tinctures could also not compete in effort with antiallergic drugs. Maybe some kind of success may be allotted to fennel flower seed extracts (Nigella oil).
Secured scientific studies about the performance of alternative methods in allergy treatment are missing.
If there were suitable alternatives on hand in pharmacies, health food stores, or drug stores, be sure they would have been strongly advertised or at least circulated as "top secrets" among hay fever sufferers.
Although one or the other weird preparation might bring some slight relief, you never may expect a cure of your allergy. This applies also for acupuncture, which is a suitable method to reduce symptoms, but is not qualified for curing allergy.
However: "who heals, is in the right".
the exploration of history and backgrounds of a disease.
biological molecule produced by the immuno system to defend allergens (proteins which do not belong to the individual's body).
substances that activate the specific immune defense
in terms of allergic diseases, asthma is considered to be any trouble with breathing. Exhalation is more difficult. Severe asthma attacks may be lethal.
connated readiness to develop allergic reactions of Type I (immediate reaction)
- 1Current Data (alt-C)
- 2Prognosis (alt-P)
- 3Allergy (alt-A)
- 3.2Buch: Pollen und Allergie
- 3.3Allergy guide
- 3.4Ragweed Finder App
- 3.5Patient questionnaire
- 3.6Therapy recommendations
- 3.9Useful hints
- 3.11.9Hop hornbeam
- 3.11.11Cherry, Blackthorn
- 3.11.14Plane tree
- 3.11.20Horse chestnut
- 3.11.31Nettle family
- 3.11.32Canadian golden rod
- 3.11.33Pagoda tree
- 3.11.34Tree of heaven
- 3.13Pollen diary
- 4Aerobiology (alt-E)
- 4.1.2Pollen traps
- 4.1.5Pollen load maps for Europe and hints for the holiday
- 126.96.36.199Season 2019 in Austria
- 188.8.131.52Season 2019 in Austria
- 184.108.40.206Season 2018 in Austria
- 220.127.116.11Season 2017 in Austria
- 18.104.22.168Season 2016 in Austria
- 22.214.171.124Season 2015 in Austria
- 126.96.36.199Season 2014 in Austria
- 188.8.131.52Season 2013 in Austria
- 184.108.40.206Season 2012 in Austria
- 220.127.116.11Season 2011 in Austria
- 18.104.22.168Season 2010 in Austria
- 4.2.1Courses and Meetings
- 4.2.2PAAS 2017
- 4.2.3Allergy Update Course 2018
- 4.2.4Aerobiology Meeting
- 4.2.5Scientific cooperations
- 4.4Pollen Atlas
- 4.4.1Über den Pollenatlas
- 5About (alt-B)
- 5.2Team Austria
- 5.2.3Lower Austria
- 22.214.171.124Uwe E. Berger MBA
- 5.2.4Upper Austria
- 126.96.36.199Mag. Pramodchandra Harvey
- 5.2.7South Tyrol
- 188.8.131.52Veronika Kofler
- 184.108.40.206Dr. Laurent Marquer
- 220.127.116.11Uwe E. Berger MBA
- 18.104.22.168Mag. Dr. Katharina Bastl
- 22.214.171.124Mag. Maximilian Bastl PhD
- 126.96.36.199Dr. med. univ. Markus Berger
- 188.8.131.52Lukas Dirr MSc
- 184.108.40.206Mag. Dr. Ulrike Gartner
- 220.127.116.11Mag. Pramodchandra Harvey
- 18.104.22.168Veronika Kofler
- 22.214.171.124Mag. Herta Koll
- 126.96.36.199Mag. Dr. Margit Langanger
- 188.8.131.52Ulrike Langmann MA rer. nat.
- 184.108.40.206Mag. Dr. Hanna Schantl
- 220.127.116.11Prof. Dr. Roland und Jutta Schmidt
- 18.104.22.168Mag. Dr. Helmut Zwander
- 22.214.171.124Mag. Dr. Susanne Aigner
- 126.96.36.199Dr. Laurent Marquer
- 5.3Pollendata for clinical trials
- 6News (alt-N)
- 7Links (alt-L)
- 8Search (alt-R)